The Lobos department, and the neighboring districts, have several rural villages, visiting is a beautiful ride and a way to relive the past.
It is generally reached by dirt roads almost deserted, where you can appreciate the flora and fauna, rich and varied. The people have very old buildings, dirt roads where peace and memories, and provides an environment where the encounter with ourselves.
It is located on the edge of Provincial Route 40 (land), 23 km from Lobos, can access it from Route 41, located 18 km stretch of the road linking the towns of Lobos with Navarro, or National Route 205, located 17 km stretch of the road linking the towns of Roque Perez Lobos. Antonio Carboni station is located 123 kilometers from the station Constitution.
By decree of the Province of Buenos Aires, dated October 14, 1896, resolved to accept the proposed designation by the Southern Railway Company to enable a Splice Station after Lobos Lobos line - May 25.
Mr. Antonio Carboni, landowner in the area, donated the land to enable the station so that it bears his name. In front of her begin a series of buildings constructed for providing services to dairy farmers and their families working in the field.
La Estancia Santa Rita had an area of ??13,163 hectares and in 1898 was devoted almost its entire length to the dairy. He first rented a dairy company, coming to have two railway stations, as Elvira was inaugurated in 1898.
The first section of the town dates from 1916, dividing parcels already built. In terms of division are the Church, donated by the family and raised Blaquier according to plans by architect Alejandro Bustillo, general store, post office, bakery.
The people are going through successive arming subdivision, being bisected by the railroad.
Is located, as Antonio Carboni, at the edge of the Provincial Route 40 (earth), but at 32km stretch of Provincial Route 41 that connects the towns of Lobos with Navarro. Can also be accessed along Provincial Route 30, leaving Elvira 20 km from the stretch between the towns of Roque Perez Chivilcoy
The branch splice Lobos was enabled May 25 dated January 18, 1898. The location of the second season from Empalme Lobos in Km.137.528 had already been approved in 1896, Elvira resolved to call it in honor of the owner of the fields where they are built the same: Maria Elvira Romero Diaz Carboni .
The result is a hamlet on both fronts of the picture rail. They still maintain the houses built at the beginning of the century, following the line of the road.
Only in 1949, the stroke of the way Renaissance Location: an octagon with diagonal streets in the center that intersect with the picture of the station. Polygonal shapes were distributed on both sides of the road reserves, green spaces and public buildings.
A significant detail which invalidates the geometric design of the proposal is that no account was taken of existing buildings since the beginning of the century, being the same within drawn streets, green spaces and the effects on public building.
These buildings are inhabited, and to date have failed to resolve your problem manorial.
Town located in the old Camino Real de Lobos Navarro (almost parallel to Provincial Highway 41), 15 km from Lobos. Highlights its train station, narrow gauge, factory fresh milk and cheese factory.
The Lobos Junction Branch - Navarro, passing through The Station was enabled Farms January 1, 1898.
On July 23, 1904 shows the order in which it is authorized to deliver the station's Public chakras.
By Resolution No. 187 dated March 11, 1970 of the Ministry of Public Works and Transportation of the State, solve the Final Closure and lifting the Lobos Junction Branch - Navarro (where the station's Farms).
This significant population of 3 of the party headquarters of Lobos, bears the name of the fields, simply by the name given to the farms for the cultivation of the soil.
With the release of tracks due to the closure of the branch, were sold after the land had been acquired with the original purpose of the installation of the railway station, thus leaving this important rural Lobos Party, devoid of Service Railway .-
JOSE SANTOS ARÉVALO
Also located aa the edge of the Provincial Route 40 as it follows the route of the railway in the stretch Splice May Twenty-Lobos, this village is the closest to this route Lobos, located just 9 km stretch Provincial Route 41 that connects the towns of Lobos with Navarro.
The railway station (now disused), has a unique feature, since the construction side of the platform has a small cubicle 2 m deep.
Permission to rid the Station Public Jose Santos Arevalo, arises from the Railway resolution dated July 27, 1920.
However, upgrading the branch between Empalme Lobos and May 25, which passes through the station Arévalo, dating from 22 years earlier, from January 10, 1898.
The name of this town from Lobos remember Dr. Jose Santos Arevalo, politician, lawyer, legislator and orator.
It was the donor of the land on which stands the railway station and owner of the fields that surround it.
Dr. Jose Santos Arevalo, was Colonel Domingo Soriano Nieste Arevalo, who participated in the Argentine civil wars.
Located 16km from Lobos, and junction 11 Km Lobos, accessible by dirt road dirt from National Route 205 in the stretch between the towns of Lobos with Cañuelas, or also by land country road that runs near the Sarmiento railroad from Junction Lobos.
The station is in very good condition, repainted with the company's corporate colors and reconditioned TBA, despite being in rural areas.
A detachment of police are at the station boundary.
In the place runs a cultural center called "Centro Cultural Partner Station."
The branch to Empalme Lobos Marcos Paz was delivered to the public on 24 March 1871. It initially called General Zapiola then called simply Zapiola in honor of José Matías Deogracias Zapiola military hero of Independence.
Near the station came three plots: the first from 1890 and the corresponding cadastral Letter A, located about 800 meters. North of it and that gave rise to 98 blocks divided into parcels of 8.66 mts. The streets were never transferred to public use. The second, corresponding cadastral 1907 and the letter C, are divided into 714 fractions between blocks, houses and farms. The blocks were divided into parcels of 8.66 mts. This trace is blurred by the paths that were arming of moving from one place to another, as the urban fabric was never consolidated. In this project are located and the Church Square.
The third subdivision dates from 1913 and performed in front of the box corresponds to the station and only five blocks from 100 mts. sideways. In one of them is located an old general store.
Village located 26 Km de Lobos, which is accessed by dirt road from National Highway 205, 20 Km away from Lobos in the stretch between the towns of Lobos and Perez Roque. Or it can be accessed by asphalt, from access to the lagoon.
The people of Salvador Maria is an exception in what is called the Pampa region of the basin of Salado. Its uniqueness is marked not only by its urban characteristics but also by its particular growth and development. It is a small town, with all amenities and a picturesque central boulevard, landscaped with plants and palm trees of large size, which gives it a distinctive appearance and a certain charm. The volunteer fire department, social and sports club, together with the local cooperative, representing the concentration of the active forces that annually celebrate the feast of the people, which includes a festive parade involved almost the entire population. At the end of the old station (some trains still receiving weekly) begins the boulevard that characterizes Salvador Maria. Interestingly, the first block for a long litigation in the making) remains unpaved. Then if the asphalt back and forth for six blocks, comes to the small village church, which only opened a few days a week. Also, near the top of people crossing a small stream (not very scenic values) that flows into a marsh adjacent and tributary of the nearby lagoon Lobos. Maria Salvador, has a half-dozen shops for groceries and services, shops, veterinary, two local public Internet, two bars and an ice cream shop and several repair farm machinery, mills and cars.However, for years the villagers are trying to install a pharmacy, as there is none and the only point in which to appeal a small first aid room.
It stands in the area, on Route 205, the cheese factory Burnhauser family, a family business spanning generations, always being considered as products of the highest quality nationwide.
On 25 - 10 - 1883, provides that the first branch station Lobos - Saladillo Salvador bears the name of Mary, in memory of Dr. Salvador María del Carril, Governor of San Juan, Minister of Rivadavia and Vice President for Government Urquiza, former owner of the land. In 1884, enables the section of Southern Railway, Lobos - Salvador Maria.
According to the topographical map of the Fields of the Lord John Cascallares, built in 1863 by Pedro Saubidet Surveyor, with the rooms The Watchtower, The Factory and Portsmouth and the copy made in 1897 by Federico Gómez Molina for Mrs. Del Carril Tiburcia the Railway Station and lands affected Estancia La Atalaya, whose helmet was a few meters above the terminal.
The Estancia La Porteña had about 63 seats each with 1,000 sheep and about 3,000 cattle.Surge and this Station as a stop and cargo of the said cattle ranch and other neighbors to the old road to Saladillo.
Opposite the station box was located the general store of Lorenzo Cavallero, who had settled here in 1884 and some buildings of mud and straw where he lived temporary staff stays in the area.
In 1926 the engineer Luis Herres made the first street circuit in the lands owned by Felipe Fernandez, 200 mts. of the Station. It took as its axis the road from it and distributed north seven blocks to the east and four fields to the west, proceed to sell the land to its occupants. On this main street bakery settled and then added: first a club, then another, the Church and the first school, 15 blocks from the station making this artery in the heart of the population.
In 1935, the expansion plans of the layout of the People of El Salvador Mary Jane owned land Eysaguirre Lane, which adjoins the station box and the same is in charge of the Surveyor C. Duranti. It provides for the construction of two seats on a roundabout, and diagonal streets that end in a central public square, opposite the lands which were reserved for Hall, Church, parish house, school, Valuation, Registrar, Justice of the Peace and Telegraph, buildings that did not materialize at that place, because the town was consolidated table in front of the field of railway and the extension of Station Street north.
Both subdivision were separated by a channel that determines the limits of either settlement.
Located 5 km from Lobos and 6km of our site (or 4 km by road), it is an important town, which soon turn out to be a neighborhood of Lobos, as urbanization is gradually weaving.
Great railroad center of another era, used to have a great hotel and very significant growth until the erroneous policies towards the railways they were punished. It currently holds a high architectural value and a great community that has no plans to abandon it.
Today the railroad is minimal activity, operating in a single season-ticket Ferrobaires-owned and community center "Oktubre."
The station building, which once was the pride of the empalmeños, and daily obligatory destination of thousands of passengers and railway workers, has been declared historic and architectural heritage of the Municipality of Lobos.
- Provincial Sports Union Club. Important sporting activity is constant entertainer tournaments Lobense Football League. In turn stands in athletics and bocce courts organized under zonal. Its facilities are currently out other activities such as figure skating and Taekwondo. It has a large multipurpose room, renovated and acustizado especially for musical events and dance major.
- Sports and Social Club Rivadavia Popular Library. Undoubtedly a unique club facilities in the area, traces of the past alive empalmeño splendor. Has a comprehensive public library available to the community swimming pool (in plan air conditioning), sports field, micro stage closed, gym, cafeteria, among other infrastructure itself. With usually performed in the club: defense classes and gym, tennis skills and athletic, excelling in the latter discipline to organize the event "Connecting people" -. Free Soccer Tournament at the stadium "Juan José Scasso" and cultural activities within the library. During the summer the club is carrying out, according to the pool and facilities of influence, summer camp and swimming school
- Plaza Martín Fierro. Founded in 1973 and recently reopened.
- St. Patrick Church.
- St. Vincent Pallotti Church.
Splice Lobos in the text "A Model for Death" Bioy-Borges (1946)
- The popular driver Marcelo Tinelli television wistfully recalled on numerous occasions Junction Station Lobos, as a transit point on their travels to the city of Bolivar. Has particular reference to the famous confectionery located on the property decades ago, is now in ruins.
- The renowned tenor Carlos Natale she spent her childhood at Junction, where his parents still reside.
In 1871 Lobos reached the Southern Railway, whose trail moves from north to south, bisecting the town and occupies trace for maneuvering area and discharge six blocks from the central core.
In 1896, the Company plans to establish a Railway Station Junction, choosing to deploy a field that included part of the fifth 67 and 68 and the Chakra No. 4, owned by Antonio Road, which gives rise to a new subdivision that North goes beyond the limit set by Meyrelles with Cincunvalación Avenue.
Around the station generates the settlement of a number of villas that were the source of the current districts: Cattoni Villa, Villa Road, routes contained by the railway junction. The urban space that was generated was divided into three sectors, performing its path towards the medium with a more modern concept of the City.
Villa Margarita emerges from the dream of the ranch owners COAG to see in the development of a Splice German Villa. In 1945 he settled in this venture made him a steelworks. Around the same start to a number of houses built with German characteristics for employees of the establishment.
Located 15 km from the direct path of land, or more distant on National Route 205, Uribelarrea ess a picturesque little town of 900 inhabitants. Its main appeal lies in a square, a church and a village that remains untouched since 1890, living with a different cuisine.
The access to the town railway station is located in one of its sheds the Museum of Tools "Rizzi Leopold."
Across the street runs an interesting gastronomic complex composed Wimpie (grill), Macedonian (Restaurante la carte) and Leonardo (pastas and meals clay oven). Macedonian is known for its furniture and decoration with old desks, a tin, a scale and bottles that store shelves are centuries old.
The main square was designed in 1889 Uribelarrea by architect Pedro Benoit. It has a rare octagonal design, French style, which share four diagonals.
Around the square is preserved primitive village. Among the buildings stands "El Palenque" a warehouse built around 1890, who also worked as a store of salt for the salting of the area.He is currently a bar and eatery.
A few meters on the street Azcuénaga, another house is located where it operated the telegraph centenary and a police detachment and following a bit more you get to an ancient ball court.
Also in this sector is the Church of Our Lady of Luján, neo-Gothic style, opened on December 18, 1890. Inside, original stained glass are preserved and some additions in 1996 for the filming of the movie "Evita" by Alan Parker.
Three miles from downtown is the Salesian Don Bosco School Agrotécnica. Inaugurated on January 28, 1894, was the first agricultural school in Argentina.
The site visits can be made primarily on the weekends. Call ahead at (02 226) 49-3054, troops received retired school and can tour the dairy farm, the pens, the orchard and factory cheeses and sweets.
The site also operates a commissary where products produced are sold on site (cheese, fresh milk, eggs, honey, jams, pickles, pickled eggplant, pickled olives, herbs and wine) produced by students of the Uribelarrea Salesian schools, Mendoza and Missions.
A few blocks before school is Uribelarrea Marisa, farm every month where the ceremony of Temazcal. It is also sold homemade chutney and pickles.
Another interesting options offered by the Valley Uribelarrea Goñi, an establishment dedicated to raising goats.
In this place a tea house with a wide variety of cakes. You can visit the dairy farm, feed the kids and acquire an exclusive fresh goat milk produced milk.
The recently opened Uribeña, local snacks, homemade wines and craft beer Crotto located on the street, shortly before arriving at Don Bosco School.
At about 300 meters from the edge of town, if you follow the railroad spur that goes in the direction of Lobos, will be found a beautiful tunnel of trees that closes over the tracks.
The appearance of Uribelarrea, the streets of earth, the succession of centuries-old houses with exposed brick clay settled, the scented quiet nap, make an interesting Uribelarrea location for filming movies.
Among other films were shot "The Miracle of Ceferino Namuncura" (Maximum Berrondo, 1971), Juan Moreira (Leonardo Favio, 1973), The Movie (José María Paolantonio, 1975), The crápulas (George Marsh, 1981) Secret Wedding (Alejandro Agresti, 1988), Evita (Alan Parker, 1996), "The Man Who Captured Eichmann" (1997), the novels "Sacred Love" and "Rich and Famous" and numerous short films and commercials.
The town was founded in 1890, when the rancher Uribelarrea Nemesio Miguel donated part of their land for the purpose of establishing an agricultural colony. On July 14, 1890 opened the Church of Our Lady of Luján, made by architect Pedro Benoit with neo-Gothic influences.
In 1892, when there were 19 buildings in Uribelarrea, began operating the railway station, which connected the village with the cities of Cañuelas and Lobos. On January 26, 1894 he founded the Salesian Don Bosco School Agricultural technology, considered the first of its kind in the Argentina.ar the 1930s and 1940s, Uribelarrea had its peak, related to milk production. They came to settle 50 dairy farms and several cheese factories, mostly operated by Basque immigrants and Italians.
Uribelarrea seen during 2000 a new awakening, and recovery related to old-style environment preserved as historical curiosity and gastronomic center of traditional foods of the rural environment (cheese with spices, sausages, roast, and even German food).
Ernestina, "a tiny village, with houses bazaar, trimmed in wide sky and dazzling cornfield."
The people belonging to the party May 25, is located right on the border between the parties of Lobos and May 25, as it is right on the banks of the Rio Salado, which provides the boundary between the parties. It could be said to be in the confines of Lobos and the beginning of May 25, 86 kilometers from the city of Lobos.
The train station "Ernestina" is the first of the game May 25. In 1852, owner Don Enrique G.Keen bought the land and became a productive zone enthusiastically devoted to the rough rural tasks. The virgin lands were transformed into fertile fields from the work of the plow and the iron will of this man. Dr. Henry Augustine Keen, son of the former, was the owner since 1885 and continued the work, engaged in agricultural and livestock production. In 1896 he founded the village "Ernestine" after the name of his wife, Ernestina Casares Gandara Keen.
The story goes that in 1926, Prince of Wales visited Ernestina, which meant an event. There are still, in some sectors, then asphalt samples. The claim that the asphalt long memories took shape thanks to the visit.
And so there developed different activities: the opening of the College "Dr. Henry A. Keen, "with its beautiful theater run by the congregation of sisters, the Provincial School No. 15, Club Atlético" Ernestina ", the Hotel, the telephone, tailoring, pharmacy, post office, stores, bars, hairdresser .. .
Today is a utopia that has been preserved with all the magic, with all the charm of the century, brick sidewalks, oranges and bananas, boulevards lined with palm trees, windmills and a curious castellated you do not know if it responds to dreams of old forts or castles.Here and there are neo-Gothic touches typical of the era.
Carlos Beguerie, belongs to the party of Roque Perez, is located 32 km. Lobos and the 2nd km. Perez Roque, on the banks of the Rio Salado. Beautiful place to visit, especially for fishing enthusiasts.
On August 4, 1912 this beloved town was founded, which later was to have decades of splendor, the Provincial Railway vera.
To be built that would link the ramp and Mira Pampa La Plata, Don Carlos Beguerie addition to donating part of their land for public purposes, facilitated the formation of the people through a proper division and establishing advantageous conditions of sale to the purchasers.
The town and the train provincial Beguerie
June 1909: Start of construction.
March 12, 1912: Enabling the first installment to North Saladillo (Km 206).
March 17, 1912: Run the first train.
August 4, 1912: Carlos Beguerie Foundation.
1915: School Building No. 7.
January 20, 1927: Enabling branch Carlos Beguerie - Blue (169 km) and La Plata - Avellaneda (50.9 Kms)
December 19, 1937: Opening the chapel.
December 31, 1951: Transfer of the Provincial Office.
1958: Construction of the Municipal Building.
October 28, 1961: Closure of the line between Etcheverry and Mira Pampa and Carlos Olavarria Beguerie to Blue and, with their respective branches.
1963: The town had grown along the railroad. In 1963 Beguerie existed in the following institutions: Library Monteagudo, Social and Sports Club, Club Youth Recreation Club Independiente, Club Union Cooperative Assoc School No. 7, and two entities Cooperative Police union: The Union Railway and the Brotherhood. The village had 25 houses of commerce. But railroad service had been discontinued.
1964-68: Rehabilitation temporary Olavarría - La Plata only loads.
-October 1974: Survey of the line between Carlos Beguerie and Mira Pampa-